Safe Haven receives a Fairfax County grant through Northern Virginia Family Service to fund our two coordinator positions. But to keep the doors open on Tuesdays and Thursdays, Safe Haven is dependent on financial donations, 100% of which are used to support our clients.
Donated funds are used to purchase supplies and food for our guests. Donations can be made to:
6165 Leesburg Pike
Falls Church, VA 22044
Donate In-Kind Items
In-kind donations of a wide variety are useful to our clients. Please contact the church office, Joni or Donna to make arrangements for delivery.
- Clothing: (please donate clothes in season since we have limited storage space)
- Winter: Coats, hats, gloves, scarves, long underwear, sweatshirts, boots, shoes, rain and snow gear, socks
- Summer: Light-weight jackets, shirts, pants, shoes, womens and girls dresses and skirts
- Year-Round: New socks and underwear for men, women and children. Men’s jeans (especially waist sizes 30-36), outdoor work clothes, work shoes, tennis shoes.
- Food: Granola bars, pop-top cans of tuna, bottles of water, lunch box size snacks, strawberry jelly, lunch napkins, non-dairy coffee creamer, paper towels, spaghetti sauce, penne pasta, coffee, cereal, lemonade or tea mix, hot sauce, dish soap, sugar.
- Hygiene products: Hotel-size or full size: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, individually wrapped toothbrushes, combs, brushes, deodorant, lotion, razors, feminine products. We cannot accept used hygiene products.
- Baby products: Diapers, wipes, blankets (winter), nutritional supplements (such as Ensure).